Holy cow this week has flown by! TGIF means it’s weekly rewind time here at Herbivore Triathlete!
The 2013 triathlon training is in full swing for me and I’m starting the year strong with big goals and high expectations for a fantastic year.
Today I’m going to share what I’ve been reading this week on the web that is related to health and fitness.
Here’s a few articles that are helpful, motivational and inspirational:
- A 76 year old set a half marathon world record
- 5 Productivity Tips for Optimizing Your Swim
- 5 Triathlon Tips to Make 2013 Your Best
- Half-Marathon Special: Big Time
- Hot Foods for Runners
New-to-me Blogs I’ve been enjoying:
- Eating Bird Food~Check out this Creamy Clementine Smoothie, yum! Citrus is the perfect winter fruit in my opinion and clementines get eaten by me daily.
- Kale and Chocolate~Elise has a recipe for Guilt-Free Banana Bread that I can’t wait to try. It’s vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free.
- The Institute for Psychology of Eating~Lots of great information on this site. I’m currently working my way through their list of Best 100 Health Coach Blogs and their list of Top 50 Vegan Blogs
I’ve always been interested in health, nutrition, science and medicine. I spent my teenage years as a vegetarian; I studied and received a minor in Sports Medicine during my undergraduate years. For the past couple of years, and even more so lately, I’ve felt stuck and burned out in my current job/career choice.
I’m seriously considering going back to school to pursue certification in a field related to nutrition and fitness. (It may also have something to do with the fact that I will be turning 35 next week, yikes! Mid-life crisis or something like that…) I’m looking into the Institute for Integrative Nutrition to be a health coach as well as the Plant Based Nutrition Certification through Cornell. In high school I had dreams of going to Cornell for veterinary medicine, ah memories.
Click the contest poster above for the link to enter the contest.