The Liebster Award is a way of recognizing new bloggers who you think deserve to be recognized for their blogging. Here are the details of receiving it:
List 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions given to you.
Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
Choose 11 (I suck and only nominated 5) bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
Go to each blogger’s page and let them know about the award.
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
11 Facts About Me:
1. I was born in Sweden and moved to the United States in 2nd grade.
2. I speak three languages.
3. I do not watch scary/horror movies. Never. Ever.
4. I love to read, my favorite series is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
5. I was a vegetarian in my teens.
6. I was 5 months pregnant on my 21st birthday!
7. I have three brothers, 2 older and 1 younger.
8. My lab/border collie mix dog, Harley, will be 15 years old in March. I had her before I met my husband!
9. I do not love swimming, but do triathlons anyways.
10. I went to school to become a guidance counselor. I am NOT a guidance counselor! Boo.
11. I wanted to be a large animal veterinarian when I “grew up”. I’m not a vet either. Boo, again!
Questions asked by Erica:
1. What was your first job out of college/school?
My first job out of college was working as a direct care staff with adolescents in a mental health group home.
2. Who would play you in a movie on your life?
Oh geez, I have no idea…
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Just one?!?! LOL.
4. If you could live in another country for a year, where would it be?
I’ve always wanted to go to Australia.
5. What is your first childhood memory?
Moving to Charlottesville Virginia at age 4.
6. What is the one possession you couldn’t live without?
My kids. Wait, do they count as possessions? I don’t care if they don’t, I couldn’t live without them!
7. Beer, wine, or neither?
Beer all the way!
8. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
Introvert for sure. Which is odd considering my day job is a therapist.
9. What is the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
Drive to South Carolina less than a week after spending a week in Myrtle Beach for Spring break.
10. What is your favorite post from your own blog?
White Chocolate Peppermint Bark Gift Bags
11. Which was the first blog you started following?
The Pioneer Woman, about 6 months after she started her blog!
11 Questions for my nominees:
1. What was your motivation for starting your blog?
2. What was your favorite subject in school?
3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
5. What’s your favorite aspect of blogging?
6. What is your dream job?
7. Do you have any siblings?
8. Which do you prefer, cooking or baking?
9. If you only had one day left on earth, how would you spend it?
10. What’s your favorite meal?
11. If you were stranded on an island, what two items would you bring with you?