When I usually do my weekly rewind posts I share links, posts, articles or blogs that I’ve particularly enjoyed over the past week. This week I thought I’d do things a bit differently. I always enjoy when bloggers share tidbits about their personal lives giving me a peek into who they are “in real life”. So that’s what I’m going to share with you guys today.
Here we go!
- Growing up I was an avid horseback rider and qualified for National Championships three times; 1992, 1994 and 1995.
- I had two horses that we boarded at the farm down the street. We paid a minimum monthly boarding fee due to buying our own grain, hay, straw and mucking out the stalls. Lucky me that was my “chore”!
- My horses were named Jazz and Frosty.
- I am the third child out of four. I am the only girl.
- I am the only one of my siblings who is married and has children.
- I became a vegetarian at age 14. I switched to veganism in May 2012.
- In junior high and high school I played a variety of sports. These included; track (I ran hurdles and did sprint distances), field hockey, soccer, basketball, and lacrosse.
- I don’t wear any make up. Ever.
- I prefer wearing flats. No high heels for this girl!
- I only wear skirts or dresses if I absolutely have to, pants all the way all the time.
- My hair is naturally curly and it drive me nuts.
- I’ve been told my best feature is my eyes.
- I have two dogs; a Border Collie/Lab mix named Harley who will be 15 years old next week, and a pug named Esther who will be 9 years old in June.
- I have three children; Rachel, age 13, Dylan, age 8, and Grace, age 6.
- I prefer salty or savory foods over sweets.