Time for another edition of Herbivore Triathlete’s Weekly Rewind!
I’ve been super busy this week, I know I’ve said that before, but it’s true! I feel like this week has just been go, go, go!
On Sunday I ran my very first 10K, you can read about my experience here.
My birthday was on Wednesday. I turned 35 (holy shit, when did I get old??)
Three kids + three bedroom house = shared bedrooms = recipe for disaster! We’ve had our house on the market since this past summer and have been casually looking for a 4 bedroom house. I found one that looked like it was a good fit for us, kind of out of town a bit and had a small amount of land. I contacted the Realtor scheduled a viewing, and went to the house on the designated day and time. We waited for half an hour and she NO SHOWED! What kind of Realtor does that? I was annoyed to say the least. We had made childcare arrangements and cancelled my birthday dinner plans to go see this house. Ugh!
I’ve been reading a lot about photography this week:
- 13 Things Your Camera Wishes You Knew by Improve Photography
- Food Photography Tips by White on Rice Couple
- Food Photography Tutorials by Jenn Cuisine
- Food Photography Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials by Taylor Takes a Taste…
- Best Food Photography Tips from 3 Pros by The Kitchn
By the way, I need this lens–>Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 Awesome lens at an awesome price!
Food I’m crushing on this week:
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies by Sally’s Baking Addiction (perfect for my pink Princess!)
- Easy BBQ Tofu from Oh She Glows (I make a variation of this type of meal at least once per week, super quick and easy!)
- Millet Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Kale & Beans by Edible Perspective (I love that the kale is lightly baked/toasted for this salad and millet has recently become my favorite grain!)
- Persimmon Blood Orange Jam by Coconut & Lime (Life long blood orange & orange marmalade fan, recent lover or persimmons. I love this idea!)
- Cara’s Cashew Creations by Fork and Beans (Cashews are a vegan’s best friend!)